COVID Safety Update – Contact Registers for CWA Centres
Advice from the WA State Government is that with rising infection rates internationally and second and third wave outbreaks occurring in many parts of the world, it is important that Western Australia continues to have appropriate systems in place to keep the community safe for the long term.
From 5 December 2020, the WA State Government has mandated that particular businesses will be required to maintain contact registers for WA Health Department COVID-19 contact tracing, if required. This includes community facilities, including CWA Centres and accommodation facilities.
Details required are location, date, name, telephone number and arrival time. Email addresses are optional. You must:
- keep contact details for 28 days
- store the information confidential and securely. See link for more information: https://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/guidance-and-advice/guidance-for-businesses-collecting-personal-information-for-contact-tracing/
You have the right to deny entry to anyone who refuses to provide their contact information. Also see: https://www.wa.gov.au/government/publications/covid-19-coronavirus-contact-registers-businesses-and-venues-frequently-asked-questions
Keeping a Contact Register
It is fine to have a paper based written contact register, but there is also the option of using the SafeWA app. This is a free system that uses QR codes to register attendance. It’s not mandatory to use Safe WA, but it is encouraged.
SafeWA can be downloaded from the Apple App Store on: https://apps.apple.com/au/app/safewa/id1539602865 or the Google Play Store on: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=au.gov.wa.health.SafeWA
CWA of WA has drafted a paper-based Register of Attendance for you to print/copy and use, which is attached and is available on our website under Members/Forms and Policies (you will need to use the password cwa2016 to gain access): https://www.cwaofwa.asn.au/members/forms-one-stop-shop/
I’M ALERT Food Safety Training course – HOW TO ACCESS
- Log on to: http://www.cwaofwa.asn.au
- Go to Members / ***FREE ONLINE FOOD SAFETY TRAINING***
- This will bring up a password page. The password is: cwa2016
- Enter the password and this will take you to a page all about the training.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the link that says: Visit ONLINE FOOD SAFETY TRAINING to conduct the training now!
- This will take you to the I’m Alert website.
- You will now need to sign up as a New User.
- Do not use the cwa password here. You will need to create your own password.
If you are interested in doing the Australian Hotels Association AHA Hospitality and Tourism COVID-19 Hygiene Course, click on this link: https://hospitalityhygiene.com/aha-covid-19-hospitality-tourism-hygiene-course/