Do you need a helping hand?
CWA of WA Sir James Mitchell Education and Welfare Fund (General Financial Assistance)
Named in honour of a Western Australian born Governor of the State, this fund is wholly supported by the voluntary donations of CWA Branches in Western Australia and receives no Government funding. The Sir James Mitchell Fund is used to assist those who may need a helping hand. Applications for assistance are considered on an individual basis and are completely confidential.
- To apply for welfare (general) assistance, please download the following form: SJMEW APPLICATION FOR WELFARE ASSISTANCE
- To apply for educational assistance, please download the following form: SJMEW APPLICATION FOR EDUCATION ASSISTANCE
Please note (For Uniform Assistance Applications):
- Before you apply for assistance:
- check if your school has a second hand uniform shop. Items can be purchased at very reasonable rates.
- In addition, if your child/ren are in high school, you may be eligible for the State Government’s Secondary Assistance Scheme which can be applied for through your child’s high school for assistance with school uniforms and education fees.
- If you proceed with the Association’s application form, you must supply a completed official uniform list per child indicating, child’s name, school, class, item, size and cost.
- The Association will only pay for uniform items required.
- Payment is made direct to the uniform supplier – not to the applicant.
- The CWA of WA cannot fund the provision of school textbooks or IPADS / laptop computers for students.