Message from the ACWW World President, 21 September 2017
As natural disasters affect all corners of the world, from storms and earthquakes to heatwaves and the ensuing floods and droughts, the Associated Country Women of the World send their sympathies to those affected. Our thoughts are with you.
Furthermore, we call on international, national and local authorities to respond more quickly and more effectively, and to mitigate the effects on those already at greatest risk because of the living conditions of rural communities. Limited access to healthcare, education and clean water are all compounded by the impacts of disaster and emergencies. Long-term, sustainable planning is crucial if we are to protect our rural communities and populations.
We look forward to more positive months ahead, and peaceful recovery for all those who have been affected.
Ruth Shanks AM – ACWW World President
ACWW Statement for the UN International Day of Families
Extract from the full ACWW Statement by Ruth Shanks AM, ACWW World President:
“…The United Nations has declared a theme of ‘Families, education and well-being’ for 2017’s International Day, and this speaks directly to the focal points of so much of the work done by the Associated Country Women of the World…”
Triennial CWA of WA report for the ACWW in May 2017
This Report was published in a booklet for delegates at the ACWW area conference in New Zealand, showing the international delegates what we have all been doing here in WA for the past three years.
It provides an interesting summary of our Members good work.
SOUTH PACIFIC AREA CONFERENCE: 30 April to 3 May, 2017
New Plymouth is the major city of the Taranaki Region on the west coast of the North Island – named after Plymouth (Devon, England), from where the first English settlers migrated.
The South Pacific Area Conference was from Sunday, 30 April 2017 to Wednesday, 3 May 2017.
The following members attended from WA:
- · Mrs Heather Allen (Delegate) (unable to attend for health reasons)
- · Mrs Barbara Boult (Delegate)
- · Mrs Reina Field (Delegate) – RESERVE
- · Mrs Lois Jones (Delegate)
- · Mrs Sara Kenny (International Officer and Delegate)
- · Mrs Pat Twiss (Delegate)
- · Mrs Ruth Clark (Observer)
- · Mrs Helen Gallop (Observer)
- · Mrs Lesley McNee (Observer)
- · Mrs Tanya Newman (Observer)
- · Mrs Delyse Ward (Observer)
- · Mrs Sue Waters (Observer)
ACWW World Conference, August 2016:
The CWA of WA Delegation (pictured below) represented us at the ACWW World Conference, which was held at Warwick University, England. Following the Conference, we learnt that:
- Mrs Ruth Shanks would be continuing as World President
- Feedback from the delegates showed that the World Conference was a great success.