CWA raises social issues which affect members and the community both directly from State Council and through the Social Issues Fact Finding Team.
- Care for mental health consumers in rural and remote areas
- Safe use of plastics in the home
- Focusing on future delivery of education to students in rural areas
- Proposed closure of Muresk
- City accommodation for secondary and tertiary rural students
- The position of Year 7 students in the public education system.
Training of rural health providers
Patients’ Assisted Travel Scheme (PATS)
Danger of alcohol consumption whilst pregnant
Alcohol abuse in the community
Funding for Occasional Childcare Centres